Tennis-Simon replaces Gasquet in Davis Cup tie
PARIS, April 4
PARIS, April 4 (Reuters) - Richard Gasquet has been replaced by Gilles Simon in the France team to face Argentina in this weekend's Davis Cup quarter-final tie, the French tennis federation said on Thursday.
"Gilles Simon is among the four players picked up by Arnaud Clement. Richard Gasquet named as a substitute," the FFT said on their Twitter feed as the draw for the tie was taking place.
"We know that Richard Gasquet has been suffering from a big blister (on his foot)," it added.
French number one Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will take on Carlos Belocq in the first singles rubber on Friday, with Simon playing Juan Monaco.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- Captain of stricken Korean ferry may not have been on bridge - investigator |
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Search for Malaysia jet refocuses on drone scans of sea floor
- Singer Chris Brown's bodyguard on trial for assault