Tennis-Simon replaces Gasquet in Davis Cup tie
PARIS, April 4
PARIS, April 4 (Reuters) - Richard Gasquet has been replaced by Gilles Simon in the France team to face Argentina in this weekend's Davis Cup quarter-final tie, the French tennis federation said on Thursday.
"Gilles Simon is among the four players picked up by Arnaud Clement. Richard Gasquet named as a substitute," the FFT said on their Twitter feed as the draw for the tie was taking place.
"We know that Richard Gasquet has been suffering from a big blister (on his foot)," it added.
French number one Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will take on Carlos Belocq in the first singles rubber on Friday, with Simon playing Juan Monaco.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- UK retail sales growth falls to eight-month low, public finances weak
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |