Tennis-Simon replaces Gasquet in Davis Cup tie
PARIS, April 4
PARIS, April 4 (Reuters) - Richard Gasquet has been replaced by Gilles Simon in the France team to face Argentina in this weekend's Davis Cup quarter-final tie, the French tennis federation said on Thursday.
"Gilles Simon is among the four players picked up by Arnaud Clement. Richard Gasquet named as a substitute," the FFT said on their Twitter feed as the draw for the tie was taking place.
"We know that Richard Gasquet has been suffering from a big blister (on his foot)," it added.
French number one Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will take on Carlos Belocq in the first singles rubber on Friday, with Simon playing Juan Monaco.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- UK's Lloyds says case strengthened for re-starting dividends
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Russia wants Apple, SAP to cooperate against foreign spying