Tennis-Raonic draws Canada level with Italy
April 5 (Reuters) - Milos Raonic, riding his booming serve, helped Canada level their Davis Cup quarter-final with Italy on Friday.
Raonic cracked 25 aces to defeat Fabio Fognini 6-4 7-6 7-5 to square the tie at 1-1 after the opening day singles.
Italy took the lead when Andreas Seppi staged a mighty comeback to win the opening rubber against lowly-ranked Vasek Pospisal.
The Canadian, ranked 140th in the world, 118 places behind Seppi, threatened an upset when he won the first two sets.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |
- UPDATE 7-French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |