Tennis-Injured Djokovic leads Serbia past U.S.
BOISE, Idaho April 7
BOISE, Idaho April 7 (Reuters) - World number one Novak Djokovic overcame an early ankle injury to lift Serbia to a Davis Cup quarter-finals victory over the United States with a comprehensive 7-5 6-7 6-1 6-0 victory over Sam Querrey on Sunday.
"It's very strong emotion when you play for your country. I guess that's the biggest reason why I kept playing," Djokovic told reporters. "It meant a lot to me personally and the whole team and the nation, and we are very glad to be in semi-finals again."
Serbia won the tie 3-1, with Djokovic grabbing two of those victories. (Editing by Gene Cherry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Singer Kesha denied drug, sex claims against producer three years ago
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- 'Django Unchained' actress charged with lewd conduct
- Record Chelsea win prompts talk of another title assault
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |