Tennis-Injured Djokovic leads Serbia past U.S.
BOISE, Idaho April 7
BOISE, Idaho April 7 (Reuters) - World number one Novak Djokovic overcame an early ankle injury to lift Serbia to a Davis Cup quarter-finals victory over the United States with a comprehensive 7-5 6-7 6-1 6-0 victory over Sam Querrey on Sunday.
"It's very strong emotion when you play for your country. I guess that's the biggest reason why I kept playing," Djokovic told reporters. "It meant a lot to me personally and the whole team and the nation, and we are very glad to be in semi-finals again."
Serbia won the tie 3-1, with Djokovic grabbing two of those victories. (Editing by Gene Cherry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Thousands of South Africans queue to see Mandela lie in state |
- Egyptian forces arrest Qataris at Al Jazeera office in Cairo - report
- Murdoch editor and Piers Morgan "exchanged hacking banter", court hears
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- 'War game' highlights risks of Britain's EU exit