Lufthansa March passenger sales up 3 percent
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Germany's largest airline Lufthansa (LHAG.DE) said passenger sales in terms of revenue-seat kilometres rose by 3 percent in March.
The load factor - a measure of how full its planes are - rose by 2.8 percentage points to 79.5 percent. Cargo volumes fell 4.4 percent.
Air France-KLM (AIRF.PA) on Tuesday said passenger traffic rose 2.2 percent in March, helped by the early timing of Easter this year, while German rival Air Berlin (AB1.DE), which is streamlining its operations as it seeks to cut debt, said March numbers fell 8 percent.
(Reporting by Victoria Bryan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- CORRECTED-WRAPUP 1-Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |