Lufthansa March passenger sales up 3 percent
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Germany's largest airline Lufthansa (LHAG.DE) said passenger sales in terms of revenue-seat kilometres rose by 3 percent in March.
The load factor - a measure of how full its planes are - rose by 2.8 percentage points to 79.5 percent. Cargo volumes fell 4.4 percent.
Air France-KLM (AIRF.PA) on Tuesday said passenger traffic rose 2.2 percent in March, helped by the early timing of Easter this year, while German rival Air Berlin (AB1.DE), which is streamlining its operations as it seeks to cut debt, said March numbers fell 8 percent.
(Reporting by Victoria Bryan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- Gasquet to face Federer in Davis Cup singles