Lufthansa March passenger sales up 3 percent
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Germany's largest airline Lufthansa (LHAG.DE) said passenger sales in terms of revenue-seat kilometres rose by 3 percent in March.
The load factor - a measure of how full its planes are - rose by 2.8 percentage points to 79.5 percent. Cargo volumes fell 4.4 percent.
Air France-KLM (AIRF.PA) on Tuesday said passenger traffic rose 2.2 percent in March, helped by the early timing of Easter this year, while German rival Air Berlin (AB1.DE), which is streamlining its operations as it seeks to cut debt, said March numbers fell 8 percent.
(Reporting by Victoria Bryan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Taxis, planes and viruses: How deadly Ebola can spread
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Campaign for an independent Scotland stalls before historic vote
- Experts recover human remains at Ukraine crash site despite new fighting
- Bolt hits the track to delight Glasgow crowd