Tennis-Ferrer to skip Monte Carlo Masters
April 11 (Reuters) - Spain's David Ferrer has pulled out of the Monte Carlo Masters event that starts on Sunday due to injury.
"Unfortunately I will not be able to be in Monte Carlo because of physical problems," the world number four said on his Twitter feed on Thursday, without elaborating.
Ferrer is hoping to recover in time to play in the Barcelona Open that starts on April 20.
The Monte Carlo Masters launches the European claycourt season. (Reporting by Julien Pretot, editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Cricket-Australia push England to the wall in second test
- Ukraine protesters fell Lenin statue in challenge to Yanukovich
- Insight - Family, politicians battle over 'Brand Mandela'
- Ukrainian protesters topple Lenin statue in Kiev
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push