Tennis-Ferrer to skip Monte Carlo Masters
April 11 (Reuters) - Spain's David Ferrer has pulled out of the Monte Carlo Masters event that starts on Sunday due to injury.
"Unfortunately I will not be able to be in Monte Carlo because of physical problems," the world number four said on his Twitter feed on Thursday, without elaborating.
Ferrer is hoping to recover in time to play in the Barcelona Open that starts on April 20.
The Monte Carlo Masters launches the European claycourt season. (Reporting by Julien Pretot, editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Ukraine separatists reject diplomatic deal to disarm |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official