Tennis-Djokovic to play in Monte Carlo Masters - organisers
MONTE CARLO, April 16
MONTE CARLO, April 16 (Reuters) - World number one Novak Djokovic, who has been struggling to shake off an ankle injury, will play in this week's Monte Carlo Masters, organisers said on Tuesday.
Last year's runner-up picked up the injury when he led Serbia to a Davis Cup quarter-final win over the United States last week.
Djokovic practised on Tuesday but did not put too much pressure on his right leg when serving.
He will face Russian Mikhail Youzhny in the second round on Wednesday. (Reporting by Gregory Blachier, editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- Subdued investment banking hits Barclays profits |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- More violence in China's Xinjiang, prominent academic indicted