Tennis-Djokovic to play in Monte Carlo Masters - organisers
MONTE CARLO, April 16
MONTE CARLO, April 16 (Reuters) - World number one Novak Djokovic, who has been struggling to shake off an ankle injury, will play in this week's Monte Carlo Masters, organisers said on Tuesday.
Last year's runner-up picked up the injury when he led Serbia to a Davis Cup quarter-final win over the United States last week.
Djokovic practised on Tuesday but did not put too much pressure on his right leg when serving.
He will face Russian Mikhail Youzhny in the second round on Wednesday. (Reporting by Gregory Blachier, editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says