Tennis-Djokovic to play in Monte Carlo Masters - organisers
MONTE CARLO, April 16
MONTE CARLO, April 16 (Reuters) - World number one Novak Djokovic, who has been struggling to shake off an ankle injury, will play in this week's Monte Carlo Masters, organisers said on Tuesday.
Last year's runner-up picked up the injury when he led Serbia to a Davis Cup quarter-final win over the United States last week.
Djokovic practised on Tuesday but did not put too much pressure on his right leg when serving.
He will face Russian Mikhail Youzhny in the second round on Wednesday. (Reporting by Gregory Blachier, editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yanukovich backs Ukraine compromise talks as tensions rise
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting - researcher
- Carney sees hopeful signs in UK economy |
- U.S. Korean War veteran released by North says made 'confession' under duress