Tennis-Dimitrov beats Tipsarevic in Monte Carlo second round
(Fixes typo in headline)
MONTE CARLO, April 16 (Reuters) - Eighth seed Janko Tipsarevic of Serbia suffered another early exit when he was beaten 7-6 6-1 by Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov in the Monte Carlo tennis second round on Tuesday.
World number 10 Tipsarevic, who has never made it past the third round at the claycourt Masters series event, extended his poor win-loss record to 2-6 since he reached the Australian Open last 16 in January.
The 21-year-old Dimitrov, regarded as one of the most gifted prospects on the tour, recovered from a break down in the first set then easily prevailed in the tie-break, wrapping it up with a subtle backhand pass.
The 34th-ranked Bulgarian then cruised to his first win of the season over a top-10 player to reach the last 16. (Reporting by Gregory Blachier; Editing by Clare Fallon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- WRAPUP 9-Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- TIMELINE-Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia