Tennis-Nadal's eight-year Monte Carlo reign ended by Djokovic
MONTE CARLO, April 21
MONTE CARLO, April 21 (Reuters) - Rafael Nadal's eight-year reign at the Monte Carlo Masters was ended when he was beaten 6-2 7-6 by Novak Djokovic in the final on Sunday.
The Spaniard, who became the first player to win the same tournament eight time in a row, had enjoyed a 46-match winning streak at the claycourt Masters event before world number one Djokovic finally ended the run to win his first title at the principality.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Cameron says he's 'nervous' over Scottish independence vote
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- UPDATE 1-Cricket-One Day International England v India scoreboard