Tennis-Nadal's eight-year Monte Carlo reign ended by Djokovic
MONTE CARLO, April 21
MONTE CARLO, April 21 (Reuters) - Rafael Nadal's eight-year reign at the Monte Carlo Masters was ended when he was beaten 6-2 7-6 by Novak Djokovic in the final on Sunday.
The Spaniard, who became the first player to win the same tournament eight time in a row, had enjoyed a 46-match winning streak at the claycourt Masters event before world number one Djokovic finally ended the run to win his first title at the principality.
(Reporting by Gregory Blachier; Writing by Julien Pretot; Editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yanukovich backs Ukraine compromise talks as tensions rise
- U.S. exits GM stake in $10 billon loss for taxpayers |
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on media
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting - researcher
- U.S. Korean War veteran released by North says made 'confession' under duress