Tennis-Nadal's eight-year Monte Carlo reign ended by Djokovic
MONTE CARLO, April 21
MONTE CARLO, April 21 (Reuters) - Rafael Nadal's eight-year reign at the Monte Carlo Masters was ended when he was beaten 6-2 7-6 by Novak Djokovic in the final on Sunday.
The Spaniard, who became the first player to win the same tournament eight time in a row, had enjoyed a 46-match winning streak at the claycourt Masters event before world number one Djokovic finally ended the run to win his first title at the principality.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Scottish supporters of United Kingdom have 4 percent point lead - YouGov poll
- Silent Europe aghast at possible breakup of Britain
- Russia, Egypt seal preliminary arms deal worth $3.5 billion - agency