Tennis-Wimbledon prize money increases by 40 percent
LONDON, April 23
LONDON, April 23 (Reuters) - Wimbledon announced a 40 percent increase in prize money for this year's championships on Tuesday, making it the most lucrative tournament in tennis.
The winners of the men's and women's singles will pocket 1.6 million pounds ($2.44 million), a 39 percent rise on the 1.1 million pounds they received in 2012.
($1 = 0.6560 British pounds) (Reporting by Maertyn Herman, Editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- WRAPUP 8-Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |