Tennis-Wimbledon unveil plans for roof over Number One Court by 2019
LONDON, April 23
LONDON, April 23 (Reuters) - Wimbledon's Number One Court will have a retractable roof by 2019, the All England Club said on Tuesday.
Wimbledon broke with tradition by installing a roof on Centre Court in 2009 so play can continue even during the often fickle British summer weather.
Chairman Philip Brook told a news conference the design process would begin shortly, taking two years to complete before a three-year construction process. (Reporting by Martyn Herman, Editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- UK's Lloyds says case strengthened for re-starting dividends
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Russia wants Apple, SAP to cooperate against foreign spying