Tennis-Wimbledon unveil plans for roof over Number One Court by 2019
LONDON, April 23
LONDON, April 23 (Reuters) - Wimbledon's Number One Court will have a retractable roof by 2019, the All England Club said on Tuesday.
Wimbledon broke with tradition by installing a roof on Centre Court in 2009 so play can continue even during the often fickle British summer weather.
Chairman Philip Brook told a news conference the design process would begin shortly, taking two years to complete before a three-year construction process. (Reporting by Martyn Herman, Editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman