SEC's Gallagher says agency looking into bogus AP tweet
NEW YORK, April 23
NEW YORK, April 23 (Reuters) - The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commision is looking into a 'bogus' tweet that appeared on the Associated Press's Twitter account on Tuesday, according to SEC Commissioner Daniel Gallagher.
Hackers took control of the AP's account and sent a false tweet about two explosions in the White House that briefly spooked financial markets.
Market reaction to Tuesday's erroneous tweet
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool