SEC's Gallagher says agency looking into bogus AP tweet
NEW YORK, April 23
NEW YORK, April 23 (Reuters) - The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commision is looking into a 'bogus' tweet that appeared on the Associated Press's Twitter account on Tuesday, according to SEC Commissioner Daniel Gallagher.
Hackers took control of the AP's account and sent a false tweet about two explosions in the White House that briefly spooked financial markets.
Market reaction to Tuesday's erroneous tweet
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- RBS takes 400 million pound forex hit and warns more to come
- British banks buoyed by new rules on risk buffers
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows |