SEC's Gallagher says agency looking into bogus AP tweet
NEW YORK, April 23
NEW YORK, April 23 (Reuters) - The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commision is looking into a 'bogus' tweet that appeared on the Associated Press's Twitter account on Tuesday, according to SEC Commissioner Daniel Gallagher.
Hackers took control of the AP's account and sent a false tweet about two explosions in the White House that briefly spooked financial markets.
Market reaction to Tuesday's erroneous tweet
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- UK major threw laptop with sensitive Iraq photos from ferry
- Exclusive: Son of former Chinese security chief helping with graft probe - sources
- Wenger hails Bendtner impact
- Cyber experts uncover 2 million stolen passwords to global Web accounts