SEC's Gallagher says agency looking into bogus AP tweet
NEW YORK, April 23
NEW YORK, April 23 (Reuters) - The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commision is looking into a 'bogus' tweet that appeared on the Associated Press's Twitter account on Tuesday, according to SEC Commissioner Daniel Gallagher.
Hackers took control of the AP's account and sent a false tweet about two explosions in the White House that briefly spooked financial markets.
Market reaction to Tuesday's erroneous tweet
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- British financial watchdog to investigate Tesco accounting scandal
- Eyeing 2015 vote, Cameron pledges 7 billion pounds in tax cuts
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks- source |