Congress moving toward quick fix to flight delays
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. senators reached a tentative deal to fully fund air traffic controllers with a proposal that would end their furloughs, which have led to widespread airline delays, Senate aides said on Thursday.
The full Senate could vote later on Thursday to approve the measure. If so, the House of Representatives likely would vote on the measure on Friday.
(Reporting By Richard Cowan; Editing by Paul Simao)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Rebound in FTSE halted by drop in BT and commodity stocks
- Kurdish convoy heads to Syria to take on Islamic State |
- For 23rd time, U.N. nations urge end to U.S. embargo on Cuba |