PSG midfielder Thiago Motta banned for three games
PARIS (Reuters) - Paris St Germain midfielder Thiago Motta has been banned for three games after his dismissal for violent conduct in a French Cup quarter-final at Evian Thonon Gaillard, the national federation (FFF) said on Friday.
The Italy international was shown a straight red card for kicking playmaker Cedric Barbosa in PSG's penalty shootout defeat last week.
Thiago Motta, who has had a series of injuries this season, has already served one game of his ban and will also miss Sunday's Ligue 1 trip to 16th-placed Evian and next weekend's home match with mid-table Valenciennes.
PSG have a nine-point lead at the top of the table and are close to winning their first French title in 19 years.
(Writing by Gregory Blachier; editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- North Korea says leader Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle executed
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Ex-Kaupthing bankers convicted of abuses related to Qatari investment
- 'Unfit' defendant in British phone-hacking case dropped from trial
- UK economy set for fastest growth in seven years in 2014 - BCC