Decision on bank stress tests within two months - Buba
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - European regulators will decide within two months how to conduct an extensive review of the euro zone's lenders, Bundesbank Vice-President Sabine Lautenschlaeger said on Tuesday.
Before the European Central Bank starts supervising euro zone banks next year as a first step towards a planned banking union, it wants to take stock of the lenders' health. So far it has been unclear how such a review would fit in with stress tests planned by the European Banking Authority.
Lautenschlaeger, who is in charge of banking supervision on the German central bank's board, said the ECB, the EBA and national supervisors had decided to cooperate on the matter and were now discussing details.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran to push for Saudi oil output cut at OPEC - Mehr news agency
- Aviva falls on Friends Life merger plan doubts |
- Aviva, Friends Life 5.6 billion pound merger plan makes sense - investors
- BT lines up O2 and EE in quest for British telecoms supremacy
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties