Tennis-Singapore to host WTA Finals from 2014-2018
SINGAPORE May 8 (Reuters) - The Women's Tennis Association has selected Singapore to host its glittering season-ending finale, the WTA said on Wednesday.
The southeast Asian city-state beat Tianjin in China and Mexico's Monterrey for the right to stage the WTA Championships from 2014 to 2018 after Turkey's Istanbul ends its three-year stint in October. (Reporting by Patrick Johnston)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine
- Israel claims West Bank land for possible settlement use, draws U.S. rebuke