Tennis-Singapore to host WTA Finals from 2014-2018
SINGAPORE May 8 (Reuters) - The Women's Tennis Association has selected Singapore to host its glittering season-ending finale, the WTA said on Wednesday.
The southeast Asian city-state beat Tianjin in China and Mexico's Monterrey for the right to stage the WTA Championships from 2014 to 2018 after Turkey's Istanbul ends its three-year stint in October. (Reporting by Patrick Johnston)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- Traveller from Liberia is first Ebola patient diagnosed in U.S.
- Lufthansa pilots' 15-hour strike affects 9,000 travellers
- UPDATE 4-Microsoft names next operating system 'Windows 10'