Tennis-Birthday blow as Murray retires injured in Rome
May 15 (Reuters) - Andy Murray retired injured from the Italian Open on his 26th birthday on Wednesday, moments after he had levelled the second round match by winning the second set against Spain's Marcel Granollers.
The Scot, who had lost the opening set 6-3, won the second 7-6 but then decided to retire due to a hip problem that had been troubling him.
The world number two had needed treatment on court after the third game of the second set with Granollers leading 2-1. (Reporting by Alan Baldwin in London, editing by Ken Ferris)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman