Singapore appoint German Stange as head coach
(Reuters) - Former Belarus manager Bernd Stange will take over as the head coach of Singapore on a two-year contract, the country's soccer association said on Wednesday.
The 65-year-old German, who has also coached East Germany and Iraq, will replace Radojko Avramovic, who retired after Singapore lifted Southeast Asia's Suzuki Cup in December.
"While I recognise that the task ahead will not be easy, I am confident and I believe my experience at the international level and contacts in the game will be an asset to Singapore football," Stange said in a statement.
Singapore are 165th in the FIFA world rankings.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- U.S judge says cannot seize Kurdish crude for now
- Analysis - Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine