Royal Bank of Scotland to cut 1,400 jobs in UK
DUBLIN (Reuters) - Royal Bank of Scotland will cut 1,400 jobs over the next two years in a restructuring of its retail head office in Britain, the part-nationalised bank said on Thursday.
In a statement, the chief executive of RBS's UK retail business, Ross McEwan, said the bank would try to avoid compulsory redundancies by redeploying staff where possible.
Trade union Unite described the job cuts as "brutal".
(Reporting by Carmel Crimmins; Editing by Anthony Barker)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- TIMELINE-Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia