Tennis-Sharapova withdraws from Italian Open before quarter-final
ROME May 17 (Reuters) - Maria Sharapova withdrew from the Italian Open before her quarter-final with Italy's Sara Errani on Friday because of "physical problems", organisers said.
The Russian is set to defend her French Open title later this month.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yazidis haunted by cries for help as militants bury victims alive
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- Insight - Tesco's 250-million-pound black hole: Who was minding the shop?
- Prolonged Hong Kong protest could harm financial image, says envoy |
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |