Tennis-Sharapova withdraws from Italian Open before quarter-final
ROME May 17 (Reuters) - Maria Sharapova withdrew from the Italian Open before her quarter-final with Italy's Sara Errani on Friday because of "physical problems", organisers said.
The Russian is set to defend her French Open title later this month.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Israel says its troops kill Hamas men accused of slaying teens |
- Tesco parachutes in new finance boss to fix accounting scandal
- AstraZeneca, Shire dive as U.S. tax move punctures deal hopes