BoE governor King warns of euro risk to British recovery
LONDON (Reuters) - The single biggest risk to Britain's nascent economic recovery is continued eurozone weakness, the Bank of England's outgoing governor Mervyn King said in a television interview on Sunday.
He called for a "credible medium term plan" to get the economy back on track and said automatic economic stabilizers should be allowed to work.
He also predicted that North Sea oil output would recover in the next couple of years.
King last week predicted that UK growth would be faster and inflation lower than expected three months earlier.
(Reporting by Mohammed Abbas; Editing by David Cowell)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |