BoE governor King warns of euro risk to British recovery
LONDON (Reuters) - The single biggest risk to Britain's nascent economic recovery is continued eurozone weakness, the Bank of England's outgoing governor Mervyn King said in a television interview on Sunday.
He called for a "credible medium term plan" to get the economy back on track and said automatic economic stabilizers should be allowed to work.
He also predicted that North Sea oil output would recover in the next couple of years.
King last week predicted that UK growth would be faster and inflation lower than expected three months earlier.
(Reporting by Mohammed Abbas; Editing by David Cowell)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll