Tennis-Murray pulls out of French Open through injury
LONDON May 21 (Reuters) - Britain's world number two Andy Murray has pulled out of the French Open due to a back injury, the BBC reported on Tuesday.
"It's been a really tough decision, and I love playing in Paris, but after seeking medical advice I'm not fit to compete," Murray was quoted as saying by the BBC.
Murray retired injured in the Italian Open second round in Rome on his 26th birthday last Wednesday after levelling his match with Spaniard Marcel Granollers by winning the second set.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately - Malaysian PM |
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane-sources |
- WRAPUP 8-Lost airliner was diverted deliberately - Malaysian PM
- Missing Malaysia plane may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean - source
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane flown deliberately toward Andamans - sources