Tennis-Murray pulls out of French Open through injury
LONDON May 21 (Reuters) - Britain's world number two Andy Murray has pulled out of the French Open due to a back injury, the BBC reported on Tuesday.
"It's been a really tough decision, and I love playing in Paris, but after seeking medical advice I'm not fit to compete," Murray was quoted as saying by the BBC.
Murray retired injured in the Italian Open second round in Rome on his 26th birthday last Wednesday after levelling his match with Spaniard Marcel Granollers by winning the second set.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Battle over Scottish independence slightly tightens in new poll
- More than 300 people missing after South Korean ferry sinks - coastguard
- Rivals show force in eastern Ukraine before talks |
- Tesco to step up price cuts as CEO defies pressure to quit |
- Samsung executive says Galaxy S5 to outsell S4, sees second quarter rollout for Tizen phone