Tennis-Murray pulls out of French Open through injury
LONDON May 21 (Reuters) - Britain's world number two Andy Murray has pulled out of the French Open due to a back injury, the BBC reported on Tuesday.
"It's been a really tough decision, and I love playing in Paris, but after seeking medical advice I'm not fit to compete," Murray was quoted as saying by the BBC.
Murray retired injured in the Italian Open second round in Rome on his 26th birthday last Wednesday after levelling his match with Spaniard Marcel Granollers by winning the second set.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool