Japan finance minister wants BOJ to have thorough dialogue with government bond market
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso said on Tuesday that he wants the Bank of Japan to have a thorough dialogue with markets in the wake of volatility in the government bond market.
"Governor Kuroda is communicating with the market in a thorough way and I expect the bank to continue to do this," Aso said to reporters after a cabinet meeting.
The BOJ is expected to stand pat on monetary policy this week despite jitters over the recent volatility in bond markets, hoping it can prevent a renewed spike in yields by fine-tuning market operations.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
- Belgium chocolate maker ISIS needs to change its name again