Japan finance minister wants BOJ to have thorough dialogue with government bond market
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso said on Tuesday that he wants the Bank of Japan to have a thorough dialogue with markets in the wake of volatility in the government bond market.
"Governor Kuroda is communicating with the market in a thorough way and I expect the bank to continue to do this," Aso said to reporters after a cabinet meeting.
The BOJ is expected to stand pat on monetary policy this week despite jitters over the recent volatility in bond markets, hoping it can prevent a renewed spike in yields by fine-tuning market operations.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots vote against independence in four small constituencies |
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Support for Scottish independence at 46 percent - YouGov poll
- Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research