Police close motorway to deal with suspicious vehicle
LONDON (Reuters) - British police closed one of the country's busiest motorways in both directions on Friday to deal with an incident which highway officials said involved a suspicious vehicle.
"We are dealing with a major incident," a spokesman for Warwickshire Police said after police closed part of the M6 motorway which forms the backbone of Britain's road system.
A spokesman for the Highways Agency said a suspicious vehicle was currently parked at Corley service station, a rest area north of Coventry.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Grappling with protests, Mexico president urges swift judicial reform
- Aviva in £5.6 billion deal to buy Friends Life after pensions shake-up
- Islamic State targeted in 30 air strikes by U.S., allies
- In blow to Cameron, UKIP wins second parliamentary seat
- European Parliament may propose Google break-up in draft resolution