Police close motorway to deal with suspicious vehicle
LONDON (Reuters) - British police closed one of the country's busiest motorways in both directions on Friday to deal with an incident which highway officials said involved a suspicious vehicle.
"We are dealing with a major incident," a spokesman for Warwickshire Police said after police closed part of the M6 motorway which forms the backbone of Britain's road system.
A spokesman for the Highways Agency said a suspicious vehicle was currently parked at Corley service station, a rest area north of Coventry.
(Reporting by Maria Golovnina and Paul Sandle, editing by Guy Faulconbridge)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Thousands of South Africans queue to see Mandela lie in state |
- FCA fines Lloyds record 28 million pounds for pushing sales
- Boxing champ Klitschko faces ban on running for Ukraine presidency
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
- Boos, jeers humiliate South Africa's Zuma at Mandela memorial