Police close motorway to deal with suspicious vehicle
LONDON (Reuters) - British police closed one of the country's busiest motorways in both directions on Friday to deal with an incident which highway officials said involved a suspicious vehicle.
"We are dealing with a major incident," a spokesman for Warwickshire Police said after police closed part of the M6 motorway which forms the backbone of Britain's road system.
A spokesman for the Highways Agency said a suspicious vehicle was currently parked at Corley service station, a rest area north of Coventry.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Taxis, planes and viruses: How deadly Ebola can spread
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |
- Experts recover human remains at Ukraine crash site despite new fighting
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Campaign for an independent Scotland stalls before historic vote