Police close motorway to deal with suspicious vehicle
LONDON (Reuters) - British police closed one of the country's busiest motorways in both directions on Friday to deal with an incident which highway officials said involved a suspicious vehicle.
"We are dealing with a major incident," a spokesman for Warwickshire Police said after police closed part of the M6 motorway which forms the backbone of Britain's road system.
A spokesman for the Highways Agency said a suspicious vehicle was currently parked at Corley service station, a rest area north of Coventry.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife edge |
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading |
- Scottish supporters of United Kingdom have 4 percent point lead - YouGov poll