Tennis-Azarenka survives lapse to ease through in Paris
PARIS May 30 (Reuters) - Third seed Victoria Azarenka overcame a first-set stumble to reach the French Open third round with a rain-disrupted 6-4 6-3 win over German Annika Beck on Thursday.
The Belarussian, Australian Open champion the last two years, raced to a 5-0 lead and was 5-1 up when the match was interrupted by rain on Court Suzanne Lenglen.
Beck benefited from a series of unforced errors from Azarenka to reduce the gap and led 30-0 on her opponent's serve at 5-4 when the world number three regained composure and clinched the opening set after 69 minutes.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK house prices fall for first time in 17 months - Nationwide
- Analysis - Ukraine leader clings to European goal despite Putin
- UK economy grows strongly in second quarter
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, prepare for long haul |
- Actor Tracy Morgan wasn't wearing seatbelt in June crash, Wal-Mart says