Tennis-Rain halts French Open play
PARIS May 30 (Reuters) - Second-round matches were interrupted at the French Open on Thursday because of rain.
The Philippe Chatrier and Suzanne Lenglen courts were covered at 1230 local time (1030 GMT) with Australian ninth seed Samantha Stosur 6-4 4-1 up against France's Kristina Mladenovic and Bulgarian 26th seed Grigor Dimitrov leading French teenager Lucas Pouille 6-1 7-6 (4).
Serbian 18th seed Jelena Jankovic had time to book her place in the third round with a 6-3 6-0 demolition of Spain's Muguruza Blanco.
World number one Novak Djokovic and defending champions Rafael Nadal and Maria Sharapova were scheduled to play later on Thursday. (Reporting by Julien Pretot, editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- UPDATE 6-Tennis-Barcelona Open men's singles round 3 results