Tennis-Imperious Djokovic destroys Dimitrov in straight sets
PARIS, June 1
PARIS, June 1 (Reuters) - Novak Djokovic dished out a painful lesson to young pretender Grigor Dimitrov, beating the Bulgarian 6-2 6-2 6-3 to move into the last 16 of the French Open on Saturday.
The only concern hanging over the world number one was an injury timeout in the third set when then the trainer was called on court to massage a problem with his shoulder.
The Serb, chasing the only grand slam missing from his collection, capitalised on a string of Dimitrov errors to gain revenge over the player who had beaten him in Madrid in May.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Lloyds says case for re-starting dividends strengthened
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- 'Complacent' NATO unprepared for Russian threat - MPs
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt |