Tennis-Imperious Djokovic destroys Dimitrov in straight sets
PARIS, June 1
PARIS, June 1 (Reuters) - Novak Djokovic dished out a painful lesson to young pretender Grigor Dimitrov, beating the Bulgarian 6-2 6-2 6-3 to move into the last 16 of the French Open on Saturday.
The only concern hanging over the world number one was an injury timeout in the third set when then the trainer was called on court to massage a problem with his shoulder.
The Serb, chasing the only grand slam missing from his collection, capitalised on a string of Dimitrov errors to gain revenge over the player who had beaten him in Madrid in May.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- Battle over Scottish independence slightly tightens in new poll
- Poland: NATO should send troops to east Europe, ignore Russia's objections
- UPDATE 16-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles results
- Scores rescued from sinking South Korean ferry, two dead - officials