Tennis-Frenchman Gasquet eases past Davydenko to reach last 16
PARIS, June 1
PARIS, June 1 (Reuters) - Local favourite and seventh seed Richard Gasquet continued his French Open stroll with a 6-4 6-4 6-3 win over Russian stalwart Nikolay Davydenko to advance into the fourth round on Saturday.
Gasquet, who has now reached the last 16 of a grand slam for the sixth time in a row, has yet to drop a set and joins compatriots Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, the sixth seed, and 15th seed Gilles Simon in the fourth round.
"It was an incredible atmosphere, it was great for me out there today," Gasquet told a courtside interviewer on Court Suzanne Lenglen.
"Once again I'm in the fourth round, I will try to go further this year but I know I'm going to face a tough opponent," he added.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows |
- Shares jump, yen slumps as Bank of Japan cranks up stimulus |
- RBS takes 400 million-pound forex charge and warns of more to come