Tennis-Djokovic loses first set before going through in Paris
PARIS, June 3
PARIS, June 3 (Reuters) - World number one Novak Djokovic overcame the loss of his first set of the tournament to advance to the French Open quarter-finals with a 4-6 6-3 6-4 6-4 victory over 16th seed Philipp Kohlschreiber on Monday.
Djokovic got off to a sluggish opening as German Kohlschreiber started out by firing on all cylinders.
The Serbian top seed, however, was quickly back in control, breaking early in each set and saving a few break points on the way to a somewhat uneventful victory.
Djokovic next faces German Tommy Haas, the 12th seed, for a place in the semi-finals as he bids to land the trophy at Roland Garros for the first time. (Reporting by Julien Pretot; Editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- UK's Lloyds says case strengthened for re-starting dividends
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- 'Complacent' NATO unprepared for Russian threat - MPs