Tennis-Serena extends winning streak to reach Paris semifinals
PARIS, June 4
PARIS, June 4 (Reuters) - Serena Williams extended her winning streak to 29 matches when she beat Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-1 3-6 6-3 in the quarter-finals to continue her run towards a second French Open title on Tuesday.
The world number one, who won her only Roland Garros title in 2002, came back from a break down in the decider and played some beautiful tennis to set up a semi-final meeting with Italian fifth seed Sara Errani.
After strolling through the opening set, 15-times grand-slam champion Williams came up against a streak of forehand winners from Kuznetsova, the 2009 French Open winner.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study
- Exclusive - Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- UPDATE 5-Tennis-Indian Wells men's singles round 2 results
- El Salvador ex-rebel's lead 'irreversible,' rival wants recount