Tennis-Serena extends winning streak to reach Paris semifinals
PARIS, June 4
PARIS, June 4 (Reuters) - Serena Williams extended her winning streak to 29 matches when she beat Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-1 3-6 6-3 in the quarter-finals to continue her run towards a second French Open title on Tuesday.
The world number one, who won her only Roland Garros title in 2002, came back from a break down in the decider and played some beautiful tennis to set up a semi-final meeting with Italian fifth seed Sara Errani.
After strolling through the opening set, 15-times grand-slam champion Williams came up against a streak of forehand winners from Kuznetsova, the 2009 French Open winner.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Bombs kill at least 35 across Iraq a day after mosque shooting |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky, Syria activist says