Russia's Putin warns against military intervention in Syria
YEKATERINBURG, Russia (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Tuesday any attempt at foreign military intervention in Syria was doomed to fail and would make the situation worse.
Speaking at a joint news conference after a summit with European Union leaders, Putin said Russia was disappointed by an EU decision not to extend an embargo on member states arming rebel forces fighting the Syrian government.
(Reporting by Alexei Anishchuk; Writing by Steve Gutterman, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- WRAPUP 9-Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Indian Wells men's singles round 2 results