Tennis-Murray set sights on Queen's Club return
LONDON, June 5
LONDON, June 5 (Reuters) - Andy Murray will be fit to play at the Wimbledon warm-up event at Queen's Club after missing the French Open due to a back injury, the world number two said on Wednesday.
Murray, the U.S. Open champion and last year's beaten Wimbledon finalist, was forced to miss the claycourt grand slam after aggravating a lower back injury at the Italian Open in May.
"Barring no setbacks in the next couple of days I will be making an appearance at the club of the queen next week," Murray said on Twitter.
The French Open, which is currently taking place at Roland Garros, was the first grand slam Murray has missed since Wimbledon in 2007 when he had a wrist injury. (Reporting by Toby Davis; Editing by John O'Brien)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Bankrupt British loans official resigns, embarrassing PM Cameron
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |