Tennis-Murray set sights on Queen's Club return
LONDON, June 5
LONDON, June 5 (Reuters) - Andy Murray will be fit to play at the Wimbledon warm-up event at Queen's Club after missing the French Open due to a back injury, the world number two said on Wednesday.
Murray, the U.S. Open champion and last year's beaten Wimbledon finalist, was forced to miss the claycourt grand slam after aggravating a lower back injury at the Italian Open in May.
"Barring no setbacks in the next couple of days I will be making an appearance at the club of the queen next week," Murray said on Twitter.
The French Open, which is currently taking place at Roland Garros, was the first grand slam Murray has missed since Wimbledon in 2007 when he had a wrist injury. (Reporting by Toby Davis; Editing by John O'Brien)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- Gasquet to face Federer in Davis Cup singles