Tennis-Murray set sights on Queen's Club return
LONDON, June 5
LONDON, June 5 (Reuters) - Andy Murray will be fit to play at the Wimbledon warm-up event at Queen's Club after missing the French Open due to a back injury, the world number two said on Wednesday.
Murray, the U.S. Open champion and last year's beaten Wimbledon finalist, was forced to miss the claycourt grand slam after aggravating a lower back injury at the Italian Open in May.
"Barring no setbacks in the next couple of days I will be making an appearance at the club of the queen next week," Murray said on Twitter.
The French Open, which is currently taking place at Roland Garros, was the first grand slam Murray has missed since Wimbledon in 2007 when he had a wrist injury. (Reporting by Toby Davis; Editing by John O'Brien)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report