Tennis-Hradecka and Cermak win mixed doubles trophy
PARIS, June 6
PARIS, June 6 (Reuters) - The Czech Republic's recent run of tennis success continued at the French Open on Thursday when Lucie Hradecka and Frantisek Cermak claimed the mixed doubles title.
The country already holds the Davis Cup and Fed Cup team trophies and Hradecka/Cermak gave the nation another reason to rejoice with a 1-6 6-4 10-6 (champions tiebreak) win over France-Canada duo Kristina Mladenovic and Daniel Nestor.
Hradecka brought up match point with an ace but after the Czechs had squandered their first attempt to close the match, they made no mistake on the second.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Battle over Scottish independence slightly tightens in new poll
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- Scores rescued from sinking South Korean ferry, two dead - officials
- Poland: NATO should send troops to east Europe, ignore Russia's objections
- UPDATE 16-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles results