Tennis-Tired Nadal pulls out of German tournament
BERLIN, June 8
BERLIN, June 8 (Reuters) - French Open finalist Rafael Nadal has pulled out of next week's Wimbledon warmup event at Halle in Germany, citing fatigue after a busy few weeks of tennis.
The Spaniard will try to win his eighth crown on the Roland Garros clay courts in Paris on Sunday against compatriot David Ferrer.
"It is a pity and unfortunate Rafael cannot come," said Halle tournament director Ralf Weber in a statement. "But I understand his decision...his health is the top priority."
World number four Nadal has recently won titles in Barcelona, Madrid and Rome, hitting top form on his favourite clay ahead of the French Open after coming back in February from a lengthy injury absence. (Reporting by Karolos Grohmann; editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- UK launches hunt for man with British accent on beheading video |
- Insight - Ukraine rebel movement faces uncertain future
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |