UPDATE 1-Tennis-Nadal wins eighth title in protest-hit Paris final
PARIS, June 9
PARIS, June 9 (Reuters) - Rafa Nadal made light work of fellow Spaniard David Ferrer to win a protest-interrupted French Open final 6-3 6-2 6-3 on Sunday and become the first man to win eight singles titles at the same tournament.
Third seed Nadal, with a jaw-dropping 59-1 record at Roland Garros, collapsed on to the red clay after ending the contest on his first match point.
The match was briefly interrupted in the second set when a bare-chested protester ran onto Court Philippe Chatrier after letting off a flare before being dragged out by security.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- CORRECTED-WRAPUP 1-Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |