RBS axes 2,000 jobs in shake up of investment bank
LONDON (Reuters) - Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS.L) said on Thursday it would cut jobs in a restructuring of its investment bank, which a source familiar with the matter said would see about 2,000 jobs go.
The part-nationalised British lender said it would focus its markets division on its core fixed income products and would exit all structured retail investor products and equity derivatives.
RBS said on Thursday its chief executive Stephen Hester would leave the bank by the end of the year.
(Reporting by Matt Scuffham; Editing by Steve Slater)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Islamic State advances against Yazidis on Iraq's Sinjar mountain |
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports