RBS axes 2,000 jobs in shake up of investment bank
LONDON (Reuters) - Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS.L) said on Thursday it would cut jobs in a restructuring of its investment bank, which a source familiar with the matter said would see about 2,000 jobs go.
The part-nationalised British lender said it would focus its markets division on its core fixed income products and would exit all structured retail investor products and equity derivatives.
RBS said on Thursday its chief executive Stephen Hester would leave the bank by the end of the year.
(Reporting by Matt Scuffham; Editing by Steve Slater)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report