RBS axes 2,000 jobs in shake up of investment bank
LONDON (Reuters) - Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS.L) said on Thursday it would cut jobs in a restructuring of its investment bank, which a source familiar with the matter said would see about 2,000 jobs go.
The part-nationalised British lender said it would focus its markets division on its core fixed income products and would exit all structured retail investor products and equity derivatives.
RBS said on Thursday its chief executive Stephen Hester would leave the bank by the end of the year.
(Reporting by Matt Scuffham; Editing by Steve Slater)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- American detained in North Korea gets job back with Ohio city