Oosthuizen withdraws from U.S. Open with hip injury
ARDMORE, Pennsylvania (Reuters) - Former British Open champion Louis Oosthuizen pulled out of the U.S. Open on Friday, citing a strained hip flexor.
The 30-year-old South African, who clinched his only major title at the 2010 British Open, opened with a five-over-par 75 at the Merion Golf Club then withdrew before the start of his second round.
Oosthuizen, whose wife Nel-Mare is expecting their third child, recorded his best U.S. Open finish at Congressional in 2011 when he tied for ninth.
(Reporting by Mark Lamport-Stokes; Editing by Julian Linden)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Mandela's body arrives at South Africa's Union Buildings |
- Boxing champ Klitschko faces ban on running for Ukraine presidency
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Boos, jeers humiliate South Africa's Zuma at Mandela memorial