Oosthuizen withdraws from U.S. Open with hip injury
ARDMORE, Pennsylvania (Reuters) - Former British Open champion Louis Oosthuizen pulled out of the U.S. Open on Friday, citing a strained hip flexor.
The 30-year-old South African, who clinched his only major title at the 2010 British Open, opened with a five-over-par 75 at the Merion Golf Club then withdrew before the start of his second round.
Oosthuizen, whose wife Nel-Mare is expecting their third child, recorded his best U.S. Open finish at Congressional in 2011 when he tied for ninth.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Merkel asks Putin to explain reports of Russian troops in Ukraine
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence
- U.S. says Russian-directed counteroffensive in Ukraine cities likely underway
- Ukraine seizes another Russian soldier in east of country - Interfax