Britain holds off arming Syrian rebels despite U.S. decision to do so
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain is still not ready to arm the Syrian opposition despite a decision by President Barack Obama to do so, but is not ruling out the introduction of a no-fly zone or any other measure, a spokesman for Prime Minister David Cameron said on Friday.
"Nothing is off the table," the spokesman said when asked whether Britain would back a no-fly zone, adding that "no decision has been taken" on arming the opposition. "We are in urgent discussions with our international partners".
(Reporting by Peter Griffiths; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Mexico hospitalizes six suspected of stealing radioactive material
- Aide to North Korean leader's ousted uncle seeks asylum in South - media
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- China Rongsheng ghost town reflects shipbuilder's struggle to survive
- Teen stole part from wrecked Porsche in Paul Walker crash- police