Britain holds off arming Syrian rebels despite U.S. decision to do so
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain is still not ready to arm the Syrian opposition despite a decision by President Barack Obama to do so, but is not ruling out the introduction of a no-fly zone or any other measure, a spokesman for Prime Minister David Cameron said on Friday.
"Nothing is off the table," the spokesman said when asked whether Britain would back a no-fly zone, adding that "no decision has been taken" on arming the opposition. "We are in urgent discussions with our international partners".
(Reporting by Peter Griffiths; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- TLC cancels reality TV programme 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting