Britain holds off arming Syrian rebels despite U.S. decision to do so
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain is still not ready to arm the Syrian opposition despite a decision by President Barack Obama to do so, but is not ruling out the introduction of a no-fly zone or any other measure, a spokesman for Prime Minister David Cameron said on Friday.
"Nothing is off the table," the spokesman said when asked whether Britain would back a no-fly zone, adding that "no decision has been taken" on arming the opposition. "We are in urgent discussions with our international partners".
(Reporting by Peter Griffiths; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Battle over Scottish independence slightly tightens in new poll
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- More than 300 people missing after South Korea ferry sinks - coastguard
- Poland: NATO should send troops to east Europe, ignore Russia's objections
- UPDATE 16-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles results