Facebook got 9,000-10,000 government data requests in second half 2012
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Facebook Inc received between 9,000 and 10,000 requests for user data from various U.S. government entities in 2012's second half, involving 18,000 to 19,000 of its users' accounts, the world's largest social network said in a Friday blogpost.
The company said it released the information after reaching a deal about disclosures with U.S. national security authorities.
(Reporting by San Francisco newsroom; Editing by Doina Chiacu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- Mexico hospitalizes six suspected of stealing radioactive material
- Aide to North Korean leader's ousted uncle seeks asylum in South - media
- China Rongsheng ghost town reflects shipbuilder's struggle to survive
- U.N., U.S. call for investigations into Thai trafficking of Rohingya