China shares down, property weak ahead of home price data
HONG KONG, June 17
HONG KONG, June 17 (Reuters) - China shares fell on Monday, weighed down by weakness in the property sector ahead of the release of May home price data on Tuesday.
The CSI300 of the leading Shanghai and Shenzhen A-share listings slipped 0.5 percent, while the Shanghai Composite Index closed down 0.3 percent at 2,156.21 points. Last Thursday, both sank to their lowest levels since December.
(Reporting by Clement Tan; Editing by Kim Coghill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Former PM Brown sets aside feud to fight Scottish independence
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base - social media