UK Heysham 1-2 nuclear reactor stops to refuel on Monday
LONDON (Reuters) - EDF Energy, Britain's largest nuclear power producer, stopped its 610-megawatt (MW) Heysham 1-2 nuclear unit on Monday for planned refuelling, the company said.
"Heysham 1 unit 2 shut down at 0001 BST Monday June 17 for its planned refuelling outage," a spokesman said in a statement.
The utility's latest outage schedule showed the unit was planned to restart production on June 29.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence
- Former PM Brown sets aside feud to fight Scottish independence
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base - social media