Leverkusen sign defender Donati from Inter Milan
BERLIN (Reuters) - Bayer Leverkusen have signed right back Giulio Donati from Inter Milan to boost their squad ahead of next season's Champions League participation, the club said on Friday.
The 23-year-old, who was part of Italy's Under-21 team that reached the European championship final earlier this month and played on loan for Grosseto in Italy's second tier last season, signed a four-year deal, Leverkusen said in a statement.
"We have signed a player who has a lot of room for development," said Leverkusen sports director Rudi Voller. "Giulio will give us a lot of joy in the future."
Leverkusen, who were third in the Bundesliga last season, have already reinforced their ranks with the signing of talented South Korean forward Son Heung-min from Hamburg SV last week.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- CORRECTED-WRAPUP 1-Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |