Tennis-Serena completes routine win over Minella
LONDON, June 25
LONDON, June 25 (Reuters) - Serena Williams began the defence of her Wimbledon title with a comfortable 6-1 6-3 victory over Luxembourg's Mandy Minella on Tuesday to stretch her unbeaten run to 32 matches.
The world number one, playing her first match since winning the French Open, scorched through the first set in 19 minutes, but was given a brief fright at the start of the second when she lost her serve to go 2-0 down.
The 16-times grand slam winner swiftly regained control, however, breaking in the very next game, before romping away with the match.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients