Tennis-Blonde Radwanska delivers a bombshell to advance
LONDON, June 25
LONDON, June 25 (Reuters) - Agnieszka Radwanska's newly-dyed blonde locks left more of a lasting impression than her quick-fire victory as she pummelled Austria's Yvonne Meusburger 6-1 6-1 in under an hour in the first round of Wimbledon on Tuesday.
A year ago Poland's Radwanska, who was then a brunette, walked off Centre Court with the runners-up plate after finishing second best to Serena Williams.
On day two of the grasscourt major, the fourth seed found herself in the more intimate surroundings of the Court Two bullring and found Meusburger easy prey as she flattened her with some bludgeoning groundstrokes.
Radwanska finished off her 116th-ranked opponent with a forehand crosscourt winner to set up a second round meeting with Frenchwoman Mathilde Johansson. (Reporting by Pritha Sarkar, editing by Ken Ferris)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- Special Report - Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks