Tennis-Blonde Radwanska delivers a bombshell to advance
LONDON, June 25
LONDON, June 25 (Reuters) - Agnieszka Radwanska's newly-dyed blonde locks left more of a lasting impression than her quick-fire victory as she pummelled Austria's Yvonne Meusburger 6-1 6-1 in under an hour in the first round of Wimbledon on Tuesday.
A year ago Poland's Radwanska, who was then a brunette, walked off Centre Court with the runners-up plate after finishing second best to Serena Williams.
On day two of the grasscourt major, the fourth seed found herself in the more intimate surroundings of the Court Two bullring and found Meusburger easy prey as she flattened her with some bludgeoning groundstrokes.
Radwanska finished off her 116th-ranked opponent with a forehand crosscourt winner to set up a second round meeting with Frenchwoman Mathilde Johansson. (Reporting by Pritha Sarkar, editing by Ken Ferris)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Surrender talks set with separatists in Ukraine as standoff lasts into Easter |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |