Tennis-Blonde Radwanska delivers a bombshell to advance
LONDON, June 25
LONDON, June 25 (Reuters) - Agnieszka Radwanska's newly-dyed blonde locks left more of a lasting impression than her quick-fire victory as she pummelled Austria's Yvonne Meusburger 6-1 6-1 in under an hour in the first round of Wimbledon on Tuesday.
A year ago Poland's Radwanska, who was then a brunette, walked off Centre Court with the runners-up plate after finishing second best to Serena Williams.
On day two of the grasscourt major, the fourth seed found herself in the more intimate surroundings of the Court Two bullring and found Meusburger easy prey as she flattened her with some bludgeoning groundstrokes.
Radwanska finished off her 116th-ranked opponent with a forehand crosscourt winner to set up a second round meeting with Frenchwoman Mathilde Johansson. (Reporting by Pritha Sarkar, editing by Ken Ferris)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Special Report - Thailand secretly dumps Myanmar refugees into trafficking rings
- Exclusive: Son of former Chinese security chief helping with graft probe - sources
- UK major threw laptop with sensitive Iraq photos from ferry
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- UPDATE 2-Iran, Iraq put OPEC on notice of big oil increases