Tennis-Sublime Serena coasts into Wimbledon third round
LONDON, June 27
LONDON, June 27 (Reuters) - Defending champion Serena Williams continued her march towards a sixth Wimbledon title with a straightforward 6-3 6-2 second-round win over French teenager Caroline Garcia on Thursday.
Top seed Williams won the first set in 30 minutes on No. 1 Court against the 19-year-old Garcia who put up more of a fight than expected on a bright day at the All England Club.
The 31-year-old American, who beat Garcia en route to winning the French Open earlier this month, easily wrapped up victory against the world number 100 to take her unbeaten run to 33 matches.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco scraps profit outlook as accounting black hole deepens
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UKIP on course to win second parliamentary seat - poll
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |