Tennis-Sublime Serena coasts into Wimbledon third round
LONDON, June 27
LONDON, June 27 (Reuters) - Defending champion Serena Williams continued her march towards a sixth Wimbledon title with a straightforward 6-3 6-2 second-round win over French teenager Caroline Garcia on Thursday.
Top seed Williams won the first set in 30 minutes on No. 1 Court against the 19-year-old Garcia who put up more of a fight than expected on a bright day at the All England Club.
The 31-year-old American, who beat Garcia en route to winning the French Open earlier this month, easily wrapped up victory against the world number 100 to take her unbeaten run to 33 matches.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Golf-U.S. PGA Tour Deutsche Bank Championship scores
- 'Most exciting ever' Novartis drug points to huge sales