British Open winner to get $1.45 million
(Reuters) - The 2013 British Open champion will receive 945,000 pounds ($1.45 million), an increase on last year of 45,000 pounds, tournament organisers said on Thursday.
The total prize pool is up 250,000 pounds to 5.25 million pounds.
The tournament begins at Muirfield, Scotland on July 18.
South Africa's Ernie Els is the defending champion.
(Reporting by Josh Reich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally