British Open winner to get $1.45 million
(Reuters) - The 2013 British Open champion will receive 945,000 pounds ($1.45 million), an increase on last year of 45,000 pounds, tournament organisers said on Thursday.
The total prize pool is up 250,000 pounds to 5.25 million pounds.
The tournament begins at Muirfield, Scotland on July 18.
South Africa's Ernie Els is the defending champion.
(Reporting by Josh Reich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Russian forces strengthening positions in Ukraine - Kiev military
- Europe drafts emergency energy plan with eye on Russia gas shut-down