British Open winner to get $1.45 million
(Reuters) - The 2013 British Open champion will receive 945,000 pounds ($1.45 million), an increase on last year of 45,000 pounds, tournament organisers said on Thursday.
The total prize pool is up 250,000 pounds to 5.25 million pounds.
The tournament begins at Muirfield, Scotland on July 18.
South Africa's Ernie Els is the defending champion.
(Reporting by Josh Reich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Support for Scottish independence at 46 percent - YouGov poll
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria |