British Open winner to get $1.45 million
(Reuters) - The 2013 British Open champion will receive 945,000 pounds ($1.45 million), an increase on last year of 45,000 pounds, tournament organisers said on Thursday.
The total prize pool is up 250,000 pounds to 5.25 million pounds.
The tournament begins at Muirfield, Scotland on July 18.
South Africa's Ernie Els is the defending champion.
(Reporting by Josh Reich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- WRAPUP 5-Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing
- WRAPUP 2-Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs