British Open winner to get $1.45 million
(Reuters) - The 2013 British Open champion will receive 945,000 pounds ($1.45 million), an increase on last year of 45,000 pounds, tournament organisers said on Thursday.
The total prize pool is up 250,000 pounds to 5.25 million pounds.
The tournament begins at Muirfield, Scotland on July 18.
South Africa's Ernie Els is the defending champion.
(Reporting by Josh Reich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Lloyds says case for re-starting dividends strengthened
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- 'Complacent' NATO unprepared for Russian threat - MPs
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt |