Tennis-Del Potro suffers injury fright beating Zemlja
LONDON, June 29
LONDON, June 29 (Reuters) - Eighth seed Juan Martin Del Potro suffered an injury scare after moving into the last 16 at Wimbledon on Saturday with a straight sets win against Slovenia's Grega Zemlja.
Del Potro fell awkwardly chasing down a drop shot in the third set, receiving treatment and taking a medical timeout before wrapping up a 7-5 7-6(3) 6-0 win.
"I will see the doctor after here, because I was going for the dropshot and I twisted my ankle," he told reporters.
"I hyper-extended my knee, as well. It was really painful. I was a little scared at that moment.
"I finish the match very quickly. Now I start to feel something in my knee and my ankle, as well. I will check with the doctor very soon."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- RBS takes 400 million pound forex hit and warns more to come
- British banks buoyed by new rules on risk buffers
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows |