Tennis-Del Potro suffers injury fright beating Zemlja
LONDON, June 29
LONDON, June 29 (Reuters) - Eighth seed Juan Martin Del Potro suffered an injury scare after moving into the last 16 at Wimbledon on Saturday with a straight sets win against Slovenia's Grega Zemlja.
Del Potro fell awkwardly chasing down a drop shot in the third set, receiving treatment and taking a medical timeout before wrapping up a 7-5 7-6(3) 6-0 win.
"I will see the doctor after here, because I was going for the dropshot and I twisted my ankle," he told reporters.
"I hyper-extended my knee, as well. It was really painful. I was a little scared at that moment.
"I finish the match very quickly. Now I start to feel something in my knee and my ankle, as well. I will check with the doctor very soon."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Singer Kesha denied drug, sex claims against producer three years ago
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- 'Django Unchained' actress charged with lewd conduct
- Record Chelsea win prompts talk of another title assault
- Islamic State advances against Yazidis on Iraq's Sinjar mountain |