Tennis-Del Potro suffers injury fright beating Zemlja
LONDON, June 29
LONDON, June 29 (Reuters) - Eighth seed Juan Martin Del Potro suffered an injury scare after moving into the last 16 at Wimbledon on Saturday with a straight sets win against Slovenia's Grega Zemlja.
Del Potro fell awkwardly chasing down a drop shot in the third set, receiving treatment and taking a medical timeout before wrapping up a 7-5 7-6(3) 6-0 win.
"I will see the doctor after here, because I was going for the dropshot and I twisted my ankle," he told reporters.
"I hyper-extended my knee, as well. It was really painful. I was a little scared at that moment.
"I finish the match very quickly. Now I start to feel something in my knee and my ankle, as well. I will check with the doctor very soon."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco scraps profit outlook as accounting black hole deepens
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UKIP on course to win second parliamentary seat - poll
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |