Tennis-Del Potro out-guns Seppi to reach last eight
LONDON, July 1
LONDON, July 1 (Reuters) - Eighth seed Juan Martin Del Potro muscled his way into the Wimbledon quarter-finals with a powerful 6-4 7-6(2) 6-3 win over Italy's Andreas Seppi on Monday.
The Argentine's knee was heavily strapped following a nasty fall in his third-round match, but his slightly cumbersome movement was no barrier to a straight-sets demolition of the 28th-ranked Seppi.
He broke in the seventh game of the first set before wrapping it up in 52 minutes, stayed solid to come through the second in a tiebreak, before breaking in the second game of the third set to effectively end the Italian's resistance.
Del Potro will face Spain's David Ferrer in the last eight.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive - Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study
- El Salvador ex-rebel's lead 'irreversible,' rival wants recount