Tennis-Champion Serena knocked out in fourth round by Lisicki
LONDON, July 1
LONDON, July 1 (Reuters) - Champion Serena Williams, the overwhelming favourite to lift a sixth Wimbledon title, suffered a shock fourth-round defeat when she was beaten 6-2 1-6 6-4 by Germany's Sabine Lisicki on Monday.
The American, who had been on a 34-match winning streak and had lost just twice all year, relinquished a 4-2 lead in the third set to bow out after two hours four minutes. (Editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- Scots vote on independence referendum to seal the United Kingdom's fate
- Scottish supporters of United Kingdom have 4 percent point lead - YouGov poll