Senior UK banker arrested on suspicion of tax fraud - HMRC
LONDON (Reuters) - A senior London-based bank executive has been arrested on suspicion of tax fraud, British tax authorities said on Wednesday.
Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) said it arrested a 63-year-old man at a residential address in London on Wednesday. It said the suspect fraud concerned a personal tax return and was not related to the person's employer.
HMRC did not identify the person arrested.
(Reporting by Matt Scuffham; Edited by Steve Slater)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK house prices fall for first time in 17 months - Nationwide
- UK economy picks up in second quarter, recovery pace revised higher
- Analysis - Ukraine leader clings to European goal despite Putin
- Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |