Senior UK banker arrested on suspicion of tax fraud - HMRC
LONDON (Reuters) - A senior London-based bank executive has been arrested on suspicion of tax fraud, British tax authorities said on Wednesday.
Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) said it arrested a 63-year-old man at a residential address in London on Wednesday. It said the suspect fraud concerned a personal tax return and was not related to the person's employer.
HMRC did not identify the person arrested.
(Reporting by Matt Scuffham; Edited by Steve Slater)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Lloyds says case for re-starting dividends strengthened
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- 'Complacent' NATO unprepared for Russian threat - MPs
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt |