Senior UK banker arrested on suspicion of tax fraud - HMRC
LONDON (Reuters) - A senior London-based bank executive has been arrested on suspicion of tax fraud, British tax authorities said on Wednesday.
Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) said it arrested a 63-year-old man at a residential address in London on Wednesday. It said the suspect fraud concerned a personal tax return and was not related to the person's employer.
HMRC did not identify the person arrested.
(Reporting by Matt Scuffham; Edited by Steve Slater)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Bankrupt British loans official resigns, embarrassing PM Cameron
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |