Denmark centre back Simon Kjaer joins Lille
PARIS (Reuters) - Denmark central defender Simon Kjaer has joined French side Lille from VfL Wolfsburg on a four-year deal, the Ligue 1 club said on Friday.
Local media reported that Lille paid two million euros (1.72 million pounds) for the 24-year-old Kjaer, who has won 35 caps for his country.
He joined Wolfsburg from Italian side Palermo for 12 million euros in 2010.
"It is obvious that joining such a club can only be a good idea," Kjaer said in a statement released by the 2011 French champions, who finished sixth last season.
Kjaer, who spent the 2011-12 season on loan at AS Roma, will replace Cameroon's Aurelien Chedjou, who has signed for Turkish club Galatasaray.
(Reporting by Gregory Blachier; Editing by Tony Goodson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Germany's Merkel says wants to find 'path to peace' over Ukraine crisis |
- Suicide attacks kill at least 17 in Iraq after mosque shooting
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky, Syria activist says