Denmark centre back Simon Kjaer joins Lille
PARIS (Reuters) - Denmark central defender Simon Kjaer has joined French side Lille from VfL Wolfsburg on a four-year deal, the Ligue 1 club said on Friday.
Local media reported that Lille paid two million euros (1.72 million pounds) for the 24-year-old Kjaer, who has won 35 caps for his country.
He joined Wolfsburg from Italian side Palermo for 12 million euros in 2010.
"It is obvious that joining such a club can only be a good idea," Kjaer said in a statement released by the 2011 French champions, who finished sixth last season.
Kjaer, who spent the 2011-12 season on loan at AS Roma, will replace Cameroon's Aurelien Chedjou, who has signed for Turkish club Galatasaray.
(Reporting by Gregory Blachier; Editing by Tony Goodson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- ECB cools speculation over bank health checks ahead of results
- Bank of England minutes add to signs rate hike on back burner
- Tour de France organisers unveil sparkling 2015 route